Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This past Monday, I started my summer job in demolition. It was really cool! I got to tear down a couple walls. How awesome is that? The only thing about it is that the work right now is inconsistent because it depends on the number of jobs coming in. As of right now, I will only have two days worked this week. Not a lot, but things are supposed to pick up. Depending on how many hours it picks up to, I may be looking for another part time gig.

In other news, I journaled for the first time this week. We had a scheduled extended quiet time with God and it was pretty cool. I love doing those, but I've never really journaled during quiet time. I've never really been a person that's big on journaling and taking notes and things like that, but I decided to just write down what I was feeling and write out a prayer in response to the thoughts that I wrote down. Writing all that out really helped me to see a little more clearly where I was and what questions I had and then concentrate on turning those things over to God. Along that line, I've been really thinking more about the areas of my walk where I still struggle, including my interactions with others and the relationships I form. Let's just say that I have a lot of things that need to be turned over in prayer.

On another note, the campus ministries are making good progress. At both Malcolm X College and Illinois Institute of Technology, we will be doing spiritual interest and spiritual leadership surveys this week, which is pretty cool. We will also be starting an English Club for international students to practice their English while conversing with us about different things. I anticipate that going pretty well.

Before I sign off, I just want to ask everyone for their prayers. Please keep in mind the three things in this post (job, personal spiritual growth, and campus ministries) plus everything in the previous posts, specifically the people I have tried to reach out to so far. Your prayers are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

1 comment:

  1. Friend, you should update more often. 'Tis difficult to pray for someone when you dont know what's going on in his life!!! :)
    -Siew

    ReplyDelete